Click here to download the Authorization For Use Or Disclosure Of Protected Health Information release form
- How can I obtain copies of my medical records, records for a minor, or for a deceased family member?
To obtain medical records, you can contact the Hillcrest Medical Center Medical Records department at (918) 579-2105 or e-mail Krichiso@hillcrest.com
- What is the turn-around-time for requests for medical records?
It may take up to 10 business days for “personal use” medical records (i.e. yourself, insurance company, attorney, etc.) to be copied and mailed.
- Do I have to wait 10 business days if I need my medical records sent to my physician’s office for an upcoming appointment?No, we can get those copied and mailed to your physician as soon as possible. However, if you want to hand carry your medical records to your doctor’s appointment, there will be a charge of $1 for the first page and $.50 for each additional page. Oklahoma state law allows us to charge for the copying of medical records.
- What are the charges associated with obtaining copies of my medical records?
Oklahoma state law allows us to charge $1.00 for the first page and $.50 for each additional page for copies of medical records.
- Is there a charge if my medical records are for continued treatment with my physician?
No, as long as our staff sends the medical records directly to your physician, there is no charge.
- Do I have to sign anything in order to obtain copies of my medical records?
Yes, an Authorization For Use Or Disclosure Of Protected Health Information release form must be filled out by the patient or personal representative for the patient. You can click here to obtain the release form or you may stop by our office Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
- How do I return the release form to your office?
You may choose one of two ways to return the release form to our office. The release form must be completely filled out in order to obtain valid authorization.
Mail: Medical Records Department
Hillcrest Medical Center
1120 South Utica
Tulsa, OK 74104
- Drop by our office:Medical Records DepartmentHillcrest Medical CenterMonday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm
- If I come to pick up copies of my medical records at your office do I need to bring proof of ID?
Yes, a drivers license must be presented at the time to verify identity.
- Instead of signing a release form can I just send a letter or call by phone to request my records?
No, Oklahoma law and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) require that a release form be filled out correctly, signed and dated prior to medical records being released. Only the patient or his/her personal representative may sign the release form.
- If I signed the release form for copies of my medical records to be picked up by myself, can I send my spouse/sibling/child to pick up the records if I don’t have time?
No, the release form is very specific as to who is receiving copies of the medical records. The only individual that can pick up the copy of the medical records is the person listed on the release form.
- What is the process of obtaining copies of my deceased relatives medical records?
A certified death certificate must be brought to the HMC Medical Records department, and the medical record must state next-of-kin. For families trying to obtain copies of medical records for the deceased, the first person authorized is the spouse. If the spouse is not living, then the children are next-of-kin.
- Who can I contact for questions or more information about medical records?
The HMC Medical Records department is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. We are closed on most major holidays. Call (918) 579-2105 for questions or more information.