- Alexander Burn Center
- Behavioral Health
- Birth Care
- Cancer Care
- Don't Bug Me
- Emergency Care
- Hillcrest Exercise & Lifestyle
- Heart Care
- Home Care
- Kaiser Rehabilitation Center
- Lung Center at Hillcrest
- Oklahoma Spine & Orthopedic Institute
- Palliative Care
- Pastoral Care
- Robotic Surgery
- Silas Program
- Women's Health Center
- Wound Care Clinic
- Find a Physician
- Education Center
- Volunteer at Hillcrest
- Contact Us
Eat Healthier with These Changes
When you commit to healthy eating, it means more than choosing fresh veggies over French fries. It's changing the way you eat, too.
Along with the American Diabetes Association, The Center for Diabetes Management at Hillcrest offers these guidelines for healthy eating:
· Choose a variety of healthy foods, including lean meats, fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains and non-fat dairy products.
· Limit portion sizes.
· Avoid eating too much of the same type of food.
· Eat meals regularly throughout the day at evenly spaced intervals. Try to eat something every 4-6 hours that you are awake.
· Don't skip any meals.
· Eat breakfast within 1-3 hours of waking.
· SLOW DOWN when eating. Meals should take at least 20 minutes to eat.
· Ask yourself, “Am I stomach hungry or mouth hungry?”
· Use the Plate Method, filling up half your plate with non-starchy vegetables.
For more information, please contact us at: